The course afterword is a perfect place to give your learners some feedback or tips on what to do next based on their assessment results.
Provide personalized feedback based on the assessment results
In the Test / Assessment template add the afterword to provide two different kinds of feedback:
- feedback that will be shown if a learner scores AT or ABOVE the mastery score,
- feedback that will be shown if a learner scores BELOW the mastery score.
Here's an example of the afterword if the course is passed successfully:
And this is the afterword that is shown when the assessment is failed:
Why the afterword is so important for online assessments
Feedback is an essential element of the learning process that allows you to guide the learner’s development and make sure they’re on the right path.
Different feedback depending on the assessment score allows learners to assess their progress and define potential areas of self-improvement.
Tips for providing the meaningful afterword
- wrap up a course, outline the key points once again
- take time to remind your learners of what they learned
- reflect and connect knowledge learned through the course
- share useful resources
- give directions for the next steps
- provide a feeling of achievement
As you can see, adding the course afterword has many benefits to both learners and authors. Review your Test/ Assessment courses and add afterword to stay connected with your learners.