Single choice question offers several choices with only one correct answer.
Use single choice questions to check if learners have learned facts and routine procedures that have one clearly correct answer.
How to create a single choice question in Easygenerator
- Select the single choice question from the left-hand panel and add it to a section.
- Add a question title and instruction.
- Fill in the answer options. Click the ‘Add answer option’ button to create more options. Mark the correct response.
- Create feedback for correct and incorrect answers.
- Optional: add a voice-over, consider enabling the survey mode.
Tips for writing good single choice questions
- The question instruction should be meaningful and state a specific problem that focuses on the learning objective.
- Do not use negative phrases unless absolutely necessary. They confuse the learners. Use them only when the learning objective requires it. And, emphasize it with italics.
- A good question instruction should ideally be a question and not a partial statement.
- The answer options should be credible. The incorrect options should act as plausible distractors. If the alternatives are not reasonable, then the correct answer is evident. You do not want the learners to be able to guess it easy.
- Make sure all the options are parallel, of similar length and have consistent grammar.
- Avoid using alternatives like ‘all of the above and ‘none of the above’.