There are several ways to integrate your presentations into Easygenerator and turn your PowerPoint into an e-learning course. Let’s go over them in detail so that you can decide which one suits you better in each case.
Import a PowerPoint into Easygenerator and use it as a starting point for your course
A PowerPoint presentation (.pptx, 10 MB max) can be imported and converted into a course automatically using this link: https://live.easygenerator.com/#importfrompresentation
Tip: To overcome the file size limitation, you can upload large media files manually.
- This method is a time-saver when you need to import a lot of textual information. A new course with the same title as the presentation will be created. Each slide of your presentation will be imported as a separate content item. For maximum efficiency, you can take the opportunity to add some interactive elements and assessments.
- While importing automatically, one section is created, and all pages are placed within this section. To improve the course structure, you can create more sections manually and organize the pages within the corresponding sections.
NOTE: We are currently building a new and improved PowerPoint import function. We will inform you once it is available!
Transform your PowerPoint completely and use the full potential of Easygenerator
With this method, what you do is go through your PowerPoint presentation and move each element (text, image, video etc.) individually to Easygenerator, taking the time to create the right structure and enrich it with interactivity and assessments. This is the ideal solution if you want to get the most out of your training.
- As you design your course, you can decide which layout of Easygenerator suits best to represent each element of your slides, finding the perfect match between images, text, and interactivity. The result adapts to different devices and obtains the most engagement from the learners.
- By using Easygenerator ready-to-use courses and layout options, you will be making minimal effort for maximum results.
Export your PowerPoint as an image and import it into Easygenerator
Another simple way to transfer the content of your presentation to an e-learning course is to save a Powerpoint slide as an image and add this image on a course page.
- This method saves time transferring the content into a course. Also, it’s a great way to export diagrams and graphs from a PowerPoint slide.
- When you export PowerPoint slides, it's good to keep in mind that the text on images cannot be exported for translation purposes or read by screen readers, and you won’t be able to easily adjust the text on an image. As a workaround, you can quickly copy the text from the slides and add it into Easygenerator via the text content block, or create hotspots with text right on the image.
Exporting Images from PowerPoint
- Select the slide you want to save as an image.
- Click File > Save as (in PowerPoint for Mac choose File > Export).
- Choose the location and name the image.
- After clicking on the down arrow in Save as, you will see the different formats in which you can save the image. Select JPEG or PNG.
- Select Save (Export in PowerPoint for Mac).
- Choose if you want to export all the slides or only the current one.
- The slide will then be saved in the selected format.
If you have converted multiple slides, a new folder will be created on your computer in the selected destination, with the same name as the presentation.
Embed your PowerPoint in Easygenerator, as is
Upload your PowerPoint directly on a course page via the Document content block in less than 5 minutes!
- This method is convenient if you want, for example, to embed a document (like a leaflet or a short presentation) as a reference. Learners will be able to download your presentation and print it out if needed.
- While an embedded PowerPoint is pretty much static and doesn't involve assessments, we recommend using this method in combination with course creation from scratch so that your overall e-learning has the right level of interactivity.